Kidney Stones: Kidney Stone Causes, Symptoms, Treatments, & Prevention
Kidney Stones: What is the term ‘kidney stone’? In one-word kidney stone can be defined as a disease or disorder that develops in the human kidney. Let us tell you now in detail that a human body has 2 kidneys located above the abdomen and beside the stomach. It is a highly lobed structure and may all of you know that they are bean-shaped and the size of a fist. It consists of the renal pelvis, renal medulla, and renal pelvis.
So, you may google for detailed structure for kidneys. Ok now suppose you have pain in your kidney what will be your reaction as many in this world guess kidney stone when it malfunctions. So in this article, we will tell you everything all about kidney stones, their causes, symptoms, and prevention. So be with us to protect yourself.
What is a kidney stone?
Kidney stone is a disease or you may say a disorder in the human body. It is due to the unwanted growth of a small stone that develops in the kidney and comes into action when the growth of this stone exceeds 5 millimeters.
It can block the ureter which ends up in deep pain in the abdomen. Also, this can affect resulting blood in urine, vomiting, and painful urination. So up to here, we cleared what is a kidney stone.
How will you know that you have a kidney stone? Or what are the symptoms of kidney stones?
So, first of all, if you are having a kidney stone, your back or side part of the body would start painting. But remember the pain would act in a sequence with 3 different types are the pain could be severe, sharp, or sudden pain in the abdomen. And you can feel pain, especially while urinating.
Its symptoms are following
- Hard skipping pain
- Fever and chills
- Blood in the urine
- Feel difficulty while passing urine
- Uncontrolled pain in the back and side of the belly
- Burning sensation in doing urine
- Seems like a pin is touching your stomach
- Pain in intervals
Prevention of kidney stones
- A very common to prevent kidney stones is to drink excessive water than your daily limit. It will result in an increase in the chance of the stone outlet through urine
- Drink orange juice and lemonade as they contain citrate that may prevent stone formation
- Having more calcium-rich foods because enough the quantity of calcium in your body, lesser the chances of formation of stones.
- Avoid sodium from your daily diet, not fully but try to have it in a very low quantity as the greater the quantity of salt in the urine, it lessens the quantity of calcium in urine thus promoting the formation of stone. So eat less salt in your foods.
- Avoid eating oxalate-rich food such as coffee, chocolate, peanuts, wheat bran, etc.
- Avoid meat and fleshy items
- Lessens having vitamin-C items
- Try to have herbal methods such as using chance piedra, and the second name for it is ‘stone breaker’ which is the most trusted herbal folk remedy for kidney stones. It is believed that having this reduces the size of stone of kidney
So in these ways, you can prevent kidney stones, and even after performing these remedies, you would not get rest to visit a doctor, and have medicines.
Now you may be able to understand at an informal point how dangerous is kidney stone but do you know how does it cause? Or which factors led to the formation of kidney stones? Have our article below to gain forward symptoms and prevention.
Causes of kidney stone
- The very first cause of kidney stone is unbelievable and unacceptable because when somebody had a kidney stone, he would have blamed himself for this disorder as the very common cause of having a kidney stone is drinking a less quantity of water, yes you also might get surprised but this is the bitter truth.
- Obesity may be a secondary cause of kidney stone
- Having no exercise or lying on the bed the whole time may also lead to kidney stone
- Having very few physical activities also promotes kidney stone
- Weight loss surgery is also a kind of cause of kidney stone
- Lack of calcium and fluid in the body also results in kidney stone
- Having too many fleshy items and eating non-veg daily also result in kidney stone
Treatment for kidney stone
So, what if prevention steps in a way of home remedy would not affect? Then you would see a doctor, make a check-up and take a pain killer for instant relief and further on you may be passed with several treatments for losing kidney stones that consist of
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy
- Laser treatment
- Shock wave lithotripsy
So those mentioned briefs were its causes so we hope in this article you are able to find out much information related to kidney stones as we have simplified this disorder in a very noble way. So using home remedies you can stop the effect of kidney stones and even you can visit a doctor and always try to drink enough water.