Fortnite v23.10 brings the upcoming Winterfest 2022! Unwrap 14 Presents for 17 free in-game items, including two free Outfits, over the course of Winterfest. (There’s also a third free Outfit you can get another way!) Also, employ unvaulted equipment on the Battle Royale Island and enter a variety of “Winterfest Wonderland” islands. Winterfest 2022 runs from Dec. 13, 2022, at 9 AM ET to Jan. 3, 2023, at 9 AM ET.
- 1 UNWRAP 14 PRESENTS FOR FREE ITEMS!
- 2 FROM UNWRAPPING TO UNVAULTING: TAKE UP RETURNING TOOLS IN BATTLE ROYALE
- 3 RECEIVE THE GIFT OF NEW EXPERIENCES
- 4 ANOTHER FREE OUTFIT: “GUFF GRINGLE” ALL THE WAY
- 5 GET A NEW FRIEND WITH FORTNITE CREW: CHILL-LA-LA-LLAMA
- 6 NEW AND RETURNING WINTRY OUTFITS
- 7 SPREAD THE WINTERFEST CHEER FOR A FREE EMOTE
- 8 MORE IN V23.10: BATTLE ROYALE REALITY AUGMENTS UPDATE
- 9 BATTLE ROYALE CHAPTER 4 SEASON 1 SUPER LEVEL STYLES
- 10 BALANCE CHANGES
- 11 COMPETITIVE NOTES
- 12 MAJOR BATTLE ROYALE BUG FIXES
UNWRAP 14 PRESENTS FOR FREE ITEMS!
The Winterfest Lodge (also known as the “Cozy Lodge”) is already in-game! But this time it’s not Sgt. Winter holding the fort. In the Cozy Lodge you’ll find winter fairy Snowdancer, the fatigued Sled Ready Guff, and the familiar Cozy Knit Jonesy.
Starting December 13 at 9:15 AM ET, unwrap a new Present at the Lodge every day for 14 days. Wrapped up in these 14 Presents are 17 items total: two Outfits, two Gliders, two Wraps, three Lobby Tracks, three Sprays, plus a Back Bling, Pickaxe, Contrail, Emote, and Emoticon — all free! We don’t want to spoil EVERY Present, but the two free Outfits are the Arctic Adeline Outfit and Sled Ready Guff Outfit:
As with Winterfests past, the Cozy Lodge is accessible through a snowflake tab in the Lobby. If you miss any days of opening Presents, simply return anytime before Winterfest ends (Jan. 3 at 9 AM ET) and open them up.
FROM UNWRAPPING TO UNVAULTING: TAKE UP RETURNING TOOLS IN BATTLE ROYALE
Icy equipment is coming back out of the armory in Battle Royale/Zero Build! During Winterfest 2022, launch exploding snowballs with Snowball Launchers, and throw down Holiday Presents! to open the presents up and grab their loot.
Speaking of Holiday Presents!, Sgt. Winter isn’t absent from Winterfest 2022. He’ll be patrolling the Island on his special big rig, throwing Holiday Presents! for players to pick up. (Just be careful not to get on his bad side…)
Please note that the Snowball Launcher will take the place of the Rocket Launcher during Winterfest.
RECEIVE THE GIFT OF NEW EXPERIENCES
In the Winterfest Callout, we challenged island creators to create unique and memorable experiences for Winterfest 2022. Some of our favorite islands will be featured in the Winterfest Discover row from Dec. 13, 2022, at 9 AM ET to Jan. 3, 2023, at 9 AM ET! Jump into these islands and keep your Winterfest fresh.
ANOTHER FREE OUTFIT: “GUFF GRINGLE” ALL THE WAY
Don’t jingle with Gringle.
All players who log into Fortnite from the Epic Games Launcher during Winterfest (from Dec. 13, 2022, at 9 AM ET to Jan. 3, 2023, at 9 AM ET) can get the new Guff Gringle Outfit for free! Just launch Fortnite from the Epic Games Launcher on PC during Winterfest, navigate to the Item Shop, and redeem Guff Gringle.
GET A NEW FRIEND WITH FORTNITE CREW: CHILL-LA-LA-LLAMA
All Fortnite Crew subscribers who log into Fortnite anytime during the duration of Winterfest (Dec. 13, 2022, at 9 AM ET to Jan. 3, 2023, at 9 AM ET) will immediately receive the reactive Chill-la-la-Llama Back Bling. Constantly cold, Chill-la-la-Llama sneezes each time you get an elimination or open a Chest.
This Back Bling is similar to the unwrappable Back Bling in the Cozy Lodge, a fellow Llama who’s also quite chilly.
NEW AND RETURNING WINTRY OUTFITS
During Winterfest 2022, new and returning wintry Outfits will be sliding into the Item Shop, including Winterfest 2022 VIPs Snowdancer and Cozy Knit Jonesy!
The new Snowdancer Outfit and returning Cozy Knit Jonesy Outfit.
SPREAD THE WINTERFEST CHEER FOR A FREE EMOTE
Carry your friends, carry some weights. Play with five different friends from your friends list in any game modes during Winterfest (Dec. 13, 2022, at 9 AM ET to Jan. 3, 2023, at 9 AM ET) to receive the Curling Iron Emote. Reward grants begin on or around January 6 ET.
As you’re exploring the Cozy Lodge, using unvaulted items, and wandering the Winterfest Callout islands, complete Winterfest-themed “This Week” Quests for XP! There will be two sets of these weekly Quests: the first will run from 9 AM ET on December 13 to 9 AM ET on December 20, and the second will run from 9 AM ET on December 20 to 9 AM ET on December 27.
MORE IN V23.10: BATTLE ROYALE REALITY AUGMENTS UPDATE
Discover more together! When playing in a team, Reality Augments that your teammates have unlocked now have a chance to appear in your own selections.
BATTLE ROYALE CHAPTER 4 SEASON 1 SUPER LEVEL STYLES
May your rule expand to the cosmos. In the Bonus Rewards section of the Battle Pass tab, bonus Styles for Battle Royale Chapter 4 Season 1 Battle Pass rewards have been available for players who progress past Level 100. With v23.10, Chapter 4 Season 1’s Super Level Styles are now available!
What are the Super Level Styles this Season? Progress past Level 125 in Chapter 4 Season 1 and start unlocking the Elysian, Aeon, and Halcyon Styles for the Helsie, Selene, Ageless, Dusty, and Massai Outfits.
In case you missed it, we made several balance adjustments in a hotfix on December 9 ET:
- Reduced the time it takes to capture a POI.
- Improved the Tactical Pistol’s accuracy and recoil.
- Improved the Maven Auto Shotgun’s fire rate and accuracy.
- Reduced the Thunder Shotgun’s equip time.
- Reduced the Ex-Caliber Rifle’s player damage and hipfire accuracy, and greatly reduced its environment damage.
- Increased the recharge time of the Shockwave Hammer’s bounce.
- Light Ammo now drops in stacks of 20, up from 18.
Also, in the v23.10 patch, we have increased the amount of materials harvestable from many large stone objects around the Island.
- Snowball Launchers, Holiday Presents!, and the patrolling Sgt. Winter are not included in competitive playlists.
MAJOR BATTLE ROYALE BUG FIXES
- For PC players, we have fixed an issue causing the rebinding of Reality Augments to only be available during a match.
- Voice chat settings changed in the Sidebar will now save correctly.
- Fixed an issue causing Overshield damage numbers to appear white.
- The Shockwave Hammer will no longer deal damage to players through structures/builds.
- Mobile players can now swipe through the Battle Pass and are no longer restricted to only pressing the arrow keys.